Graduate Student Handbook

Health Insurance

Graduate assistants are required to have health insurance coverage that meets certain standards as established by the University Health Services. The University pays 80 percent of the individual annual premium if the graduate assistant enrolls in basic health insurance designated by the university. The remaining 20 percent of the premium is deducted from the student’s assistantship stipend, half in the fall semester and half in the spring semester. For further information, the students should contact University Health Services at or 814-865-7467.

 
 

About

Home of the first established industrial engineering program in the world, the Harold and Inge Marcus Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering (IME) at Penn State has made a name for itself in the engineering industry through its storied tradition of unparalleled excellence and innovation in research, education, and outreach.

We are Innovators. We are Makers. We are Excellence in Engineering. We are Penn State IME.

The Harold and Inge Marcus Department of
Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering

310 Leonhard Building

The Pennsylvania State University

University Park, PA 16802-4400

Phone: 814-865-7601

FAX: 814-863-4745